TATTER LLC (“TATTER LLC”, the “Company” or “We”), doing business as “TATTER” respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.tatter.org/ (our “Website“), including purchasing products or services through our Website, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using this Website, including purchasing any of our products or services, you agree to this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Privacy Notice periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Collected from public sources, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms. Personal information we collect may include photos, posts, likes, and your engagement with our content. For instance, we may repost on Instagram a post you make on Instagram in relation to TATTER and/or our products in our own Instagram feed.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, review our products or use the social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion, or survey, and if you report a problem with our Website. In order to register for an account, you need to provide your first and last names, email address, and provide a password.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“), including blog posts, reviews and comments on social media, and online comments posted to our Website. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically does include personal information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences when you login to the Website, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide, as described in this Privacy Notice:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of TATTER LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by TATTER about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TATTER LLC, our customers, or others.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of cybersecurity, fraud protection, and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile information, and transaction and billing information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features of our Services may not be accessible.
Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include: (i) how long the personal information is needed to provide the Services and operate the business; (ii) the type of personal information collected; and (iii) whether we are subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain the data (e.g., mandatory data retention laws, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation or disputes).
Consent to Transfer of Data
We are based in the United States of America (“USA”). We may process, store, and transfer the personal information we collect, in and to a country outside your own, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as your own. By submitting your personal information or engaging with our Websites, you consent to this transfer, storing, or processing.
If you are located outside of the USA and provide information to us, please note that such information, including personal information, may be sent to, and processed in, the USA and/or other countries. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to such transfers to and subsequent processing in such countries (including the USA), which your country may not consider to provide for adequate privacy protections. You may withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Data security is important to us, but please keep in mind that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage or transmission is 100% secure. While we strive to use reasonable and appropriate means to protect information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We do and will take reasonable and appropriate steps designed to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice, and we will not transfer your personal information to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place, including with respect to the security of your personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not deny you goods or services; charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; and/or suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Information for European Union Residents: Your EU Privacy Rights
If you are located in certain countries, including Switzerland or those countries that fall under the scope of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR“), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal information (as defined by GDPR), subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal information;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal information;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal information;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal information; and
- Request portability of your personal information.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal information using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to “How to Reach Us” to, well, find out how to reach us. European Union (“EU“) and Swiss individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Legal Bases for Use of Your Information
The legal bases for using your information as set out in this Privacy Notice are as follows:
- Where use of your information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- Where use of your information is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person;
- Where use of your information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to provide and update our Website, to improve our Website, or to communicate with you); or
- Where we have your consent, in accordance with applicable law (for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on).
We rely on the following third-party services to provide our Website: